You are here:>>200220 DC-DC Buck converter UART
200220 DC-DC Buck converter UART 2017-06-16T22:27:33+00:00

Home Forums Voltage Regulator Support 200220 DC-DC Buck converter UART

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

The manual for 200220 says there is a reserved port for computer communication. Is this the UART port? How could a computer be connected to this device?

Thanks

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Mitchel,
    Yes, there is a UART port. you need to connect computerand #200220 with USB to TTL cable.
    Best regards.

Mitchel

Ok, thanks. I do have all that, do you have any more information on how to communicate with it? What settings does it use?

Thanks

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Mitchel,
    We think you may need a communication protocol.
    Best regards.

Mitchel

Yes, that’s very helpful. Thank you!

Mitchel

Unfortunately, I got stuck again. I’ve tried using the commands from that communication protocol, but I can’t get any response. I would assume it is 9600 8N1, but I’ve tried many different baud rates and settings. Could you tell me what the baud rate, data bits, parity, and stop bits should be set to?

Thanks

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Mitchel,
    The factory default baud rate is 9600 bps.We are sorry we forget to state it.
    As for other setting, we can’t ensur what setting is suitable for you,so we can’t give you an accurate answer. Hope you can understand.
    Best regards.

Mitchel

Thanks again. I was able to get it working at 9600 8N1.

Notes:
    – UART pin labels (RX/TX) are opposite from what I expected. The pin labelled RX is actually the TX pin on the MCU and vice versa.
    – Commands must be prefixed with a colon. This is a bit unclear in the document.
    – Auto power-on state doesn’t read properly. It always returns 0, indicating that auto power-on is disabled.

Example communication:

:wo0
    #wook
    :wo1
    #wook
    :wu1000
    #wuok
    :wi0100
    #wiok
    :wl1
    #wlok
    :wl0
    #wlok
    :ru
    #ru00000001000
    :ri
    #ri00000000000
    :rt
    #rt00000000003
    :rc
    #rc00000000000
    :rv
    #rv00000001000
    :ra
    #ra00000000100
    :ro
    #ro00000000001

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Mitchel,
    It’s glad you have made it work.
    Thanks for your sharing
    Best regards.

James

Hi Andrew, are you using a computer or micro controller (Arduino) to communicate the Buck UART port?

Jim Beans

Hi Drok support — does this also work for the US200150 boost converter, too?  Or just the buck converter? Thank you.

Andrew

Hi James,

I’m trying both. I’ve only been able to get it working (slightly) with the arduino.

I’ve written commands to the buck converter and it reads them. When I send “:wu0700\r\n” as bytes it sets the voltage to 7 V, however, I am still not able to read any feedback (as far as I can tell). Like in the example, I haven’t been able to read in “#wuok”.

Thanks,

Andrew Allen

Chase Phantom

The original link to the 200220 protocol is no longer valid (404 error). Do you have an updated link?

Thanks

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Chase Phantom,

Here is the link: https://www.droking.com/cs/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/200220.docx

Best regards.

Omar Ahmad

Hey can anyone here help me in regards to getting an Arduino to send commands to this device?

The rx,tx and gnd pins are connected and I just want to know how to properly send commands such as :wu1000 and :ru

void setup() {
    // put your setup code here, to run once:
    Serial.begin(9600);
    Serial.write(“:ru”);

}

Is the above the correct way to send a specific command? Whenever I try sending commands via the serial monitor its returning the ascii value of what i sent.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: 200220 DC-DC Buck converter UART
Your information: