You are here:>>12 V Amp meter failed
12 V Amp meter failed 2016-04-10T20:53:26+00:00

Home Forums Panel Meter Support 12 V Amp meter failed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Item: DROK® Digital DC 12V Ammeter Panel Amp Meter Gauge DC 0-+/-50A Current Tester AC/DC 8-12V Current Monitor with Blue Back-light Black Font for Automotive Vehicle
    Purchased through Amazon.com

Problem: The meter powered up fine, until I attached the test leads to the supplied shunt. At first it came on and showed a minus sign with no digits, then after a few seconds all display went blank- only back light remained on. I have three amp meters, two of which were hooked up and suffered the same fate, the third unattached meter simply shows zero current- (not attached to any thing but supply power). Using my digital meter I saw less than.01VDC across the shunt, indicating very little current- so there was not over 50 amps current in circuit. The shunts are hooked in series with the positive post of a 12 V battery, and expected currents are less than 20 amps when in use, but at the time nothing was running so current should have been extremely low.

Summery: I have been in electronics for nearly forty years and my application is fairly simple, so I suspect either product defect or design defect. So now what do I do? Or more to the point here, now what are you going to do to remedy the problem encountered?

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Ted Miedke,
    Thank you for writing in and purchasing.
    So sorry for any inconvenience caused on you.
    Could you please send us an email (service at droking dot com) to tell us more details of how you operate the product, such as the power supply, the input voltage/current, the load, the working environment?
    If you can, we sincerely hope that you can send us some photos or video to let us check the problem details.
    Beg your understanding and waiting for your reply.
    Best regards

Ted Miedke

I have now sent a total of five images, one in each e-mail due to e-mail constraints of AT&T- they claim attachments up to 20 Mb are ok, but practice shows over 6-7 Mb hang up their system. Included in the first e-mail is an explanation of what I am doing and how it is done and what I hope to know once it is all functioning. First e-mail shows hand drawn schematic I made as installation guide. If more info is needed, please tell me specifically what you need to know.

Ted Miedke

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Ted Miedke,
    Thank you for your cooperation.
    We will check it and find a solution for you as soon as possible.
    Best regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: 12 V Amp meter failed
Your information: