You are here:>>12 V Battery/Power Supply for DROK DC 0-120 V, 0-30 A, W/Relay
12 V Battery/Power Supply for DROK DC 0-120 V, 0-30 A, W/Relay 2017-11-03T00:33:43+00:00

Home Forums Panel Meter Support 12 V Battery/Power Supply for DROK DC 0-120 V, 0-30 A, W/Relay

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello all,

After reading through the poorly worded instruction manual it states that you need a 12 volt battery/power supply in order to get readings from the measurement module and send it to the display module. However it failed to give specs on how much input is required to power module. So I have a couple of questions

If I use a 12 volt battery (AA, Car, etc) how long will that last?

If I decide to use a power supply what kind would you recommend to power up 3 modules in one junction box?

I am not using it to see charging and discharging capacity of a battery but rather to monitor electricity usage of a DC circuit.

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Kirk,
    Thanks for writing in.
    We are sorry we can’t ensure the item. Would you please send us the ASIN number or product link?
    We will reply to you once we confirm it.
    Best regards.

Kirk

VAC-1030A

Kirk
    Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Kirk,
    Thanks for your reply.
    This item has a 12V relay, so it needs an external DC12V power supply. We are sorry we can’t ensure how long will a 12V battery last on this item. It is up to your operation. Regarding to your second question, would you please let us know what kind of 3 modules you mention? Do you mean you want to use one common power supply?
    Best regards.

Kirk

Yes one common power supply to operate 3 of the VAC 1030As

Drok
    Keymaster

Hi Kirk,
    Are all of 3 items in the same circuit?
    Best regards.

Kirk

LPV-35-12

If I wanted to power 8 devices on this driver would that be alright?

I was thinking of making 3 parallel strings. 2 strings with 3 devices, and one with two. That would break down to 1 amp on each string with a little more draw on the string with two devices.

Do you think this would be suitable?

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Kirk,
    LPV-35-12 is not a model number. We are sorry we can’t ensure the driver you mean.
    Would you mind send us the product link or ASIN number for confirmation? All of products on Amazon have ASIN number, which is used to search items.
    Best regards.

Kirk

When I search that model it is the first thing that appears on amazon. This AC to DC switching power device is made by Meanwell

B00IO1W38E

B075GJ1BVJ

Kirk

…? what is your recommendation for powering 1-3 units?

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Kirk,
    We just have consulted our technicians. It’s feasible to power 3 VAC-1030A with one 12V power supply.
    Best regards.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: 12 V Battery/Power Supply for DROK DC 0-120 V, 0-30 A, W/Relay
Your information: