You are here:>>2001711007 settings
2001711007 settings 2021-05-09T00:36:27+00:00

Home Forums Voltage Regulator Support 2001711007 settings

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello.  I am having problems with getting the amps to adjust.  The 50Ah battery bank says that its output is 12V 2.5A but the 2001711007 is saying only 0.68A at 11.92V.  And when I try to adjust the amps it changes the voltage.  The IN voltage is reading 12.02V with 0.68A, which should be 2.5A.  The highest that I have been able to get the amps is 1.13 but then it changes the voltage!  I am trying to get to the 2.5A.  But actually I need 19V at 3.1A, and every time that I connect to the battery’s 20V 5A out it displays 19.something V at that .70A!  It is driving me crazy.  What am I doing wrong, or is the unit defective?  I have tried my best to follow the instruction (which could use some editing from someone that speaks English as their first language) but nonetheless I can’t figure it out.  Also, it would have been nice to have some installation instructions, as I have no idea what the black barrel looking thing with silver rods sticking out of each end is or where it is supposed to go!  And maybe that is the problem?  Also, to get the 20V to be recognized I first have to connect it to the 12V out and adjust the converter, and then disconnect and reconnect to the 20V.  Otherwise when connecting to the 20V first the screen flashes for like a half of a second and then goes blank.  Surely this converter is high-quality, but right now it is just a worthless piece of junk.

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello,

Is the 50Ah battery bank as input power supply? Please kindly notice output  current depends on load.

2.5A should be the rate current battery can offer, but it doesn’t mean output current is 2.5A all the time.

Converter only set a limit for load current.  It can’t decide how much current the load should draw. For example, preset outout is 2A, but load only request 1A, actual output is just 1A. When load current is over 2A, it will limit it to 2A.

About your last problem, would you like to show us how it is by video? You can share a video link here or send attachment to service@droking.com

Best regards,

DROK

Jay Doubleu

Yes, the 50Ah battery bank is the input power supply.  I am trying to power a 32″ display that is 19v 3.1A.  When I plug the display into the OUT of the converter and plug the converter IN to the 20v 5A out of the battery bank it will only register 19.44V at 0.00A IN.  OUT is registering at 19.24v at 0.00A.  When I try to increase the amps it ends up decreasing the voltage, as if it is set to a certain wattage.  The CC lights red with 7 or so turns counter-clockwise and the voltage drops to 0.00 and the amps stay at 0.00.  Also, the 32″ display needs the 3.1A to be turned on, so there is no load until that level can be reached.

Jay Doubleu

I burned up the power board to another piece of equipment trying to adjust this converter.  It did get up to 3A but the voltage would still not go over 3 or 4 volts (which is what burned up the board)!  A $750 piece of equipment burned up by a $16 converter (due to my own ignorance and the lack of proper instructions included with the converter).

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello  Jay Doubleu,

Would you like to show us your operation by video? Before connecting load, you can  connect input power and set the output voltage/current.

Regarding current adjustment, if there is no load, you can just short the output terminal and then regualte current potentiometer. Notice: Please don’t adjust voltage when output ports is shorted.

In addition, no matter which kind of converter it is, current adjsutment and voltage adjustment can’t work simultaneously.

When load current is over the preset limit value, constant current status is enabled (CC light is on).  In that case, the constant voltage component is disabled, so output volage will be changed.
    A typical example is  battery charging.  You can only charge battery with constant current and then constant voltage. But the option to charge battery with both  constant current and constant voltage is infeasible.
    Best regards,
    DROK
    Jay Doubleu

Would you like to show us your operation by video? Before connecting load, you can connect input power and set the output voltage/current.  That is the problem: this is failing to work properly.  The 32″ display needs 3.1A to trigger the power-on feature, and rotating the CV & CC knobs do nothing (including the 20 and 10 turns counter-clockwise!) to get to the required voltage and amperage.  I have already explained this in my previous comment…

Regarding current adjustment, if there is no load, you can just short the output terminal and then regualte current potentiometer. Notice: Please don’t adjust voltage when output ports is shorted.  I don’t know how to do this or what this means to “short the output terminal”, and it would have been nice to include this in the instructions, as well as a warning NOT to try to adjust the CV and CC when connected to the piece of equipment needing to be powered because it could cause serious damage!

In addition, no matter which kind of converter it is, current adjsutment and voltage adjustment can’t work simultaneously.  I’m doing the adjustments independently.  It would be nearly impossible to fit two screwdrivers and a set of hands in that tiny space to do them simultaneously!

When load current is over the preset limit value, constant current status is enabled (CC light is on). In that case, the constant voltage component is disabled, so output volage will be changed.  Right, this is the problem: how am I to get to the proper amperage when the voltage keep changing?

A typical example is battery charging. You can only charge battery with constant current and then constant voltage. But the option to charge battery with both constant current and constant voltage is infeasible.  I’m NOT trying to charge a battery here, as per the information included in my comments!
    Best regards,
    DROK

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Without load, please short the output port with heavy cable or multimter probe. Then you can set a current limit value.

2. To check your problem quickly, it would be appriecated if you can show the operation by video. Sometime text description may cause misunderstanding an we will msis some operation details.

3. As you mention when adjusting current, voltage is also changed, so we want to let you know constant current and constant votlage can’t work simultaneously. To make it more easier to understand, we offer a sample of battery charging as reference.  It mean these two working mode can’t work simultaneously.

Jay Doubleu

How do I short the output port?  That information is missing from the instructions and you didn’t supply it in your last reply.

If both constant voltage and constant current can’t work simultaneously then how can the proper levels ever be achieved?  If I need a specific voltage and a specific amperage each of these would need to be set as constants: a constant voltage AND a constant current.  If both are not constant and always fluctuating then there is no way to constantly meet the power demands of an electronic device.  With an AC/DC power adapter that is designed for a device there are constant voltage and constant current, as evidenced by the specs written directly on the power adapter.  I understand that a device can operate within a general tolerance, but your converter isn’t even getting close to the power requirements needed for this 32″ display that I need to power, yet the specs of the controller say that it can power it, but turning the screws never gets them to where they need to be.

Please provide instructions on how to properly short the output port.  What do you have to say about my device that was damaged due to your device’s lack of proper instructions?

Jay Doubleu

Please see the email that I sent that includes two videos.  Thank you.

Drok
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have replied to your email.  It should be caused in low input power. Please check the email for more details.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: 2001711007 settings
Your information: