You are here:>>8-22V to 1-15V regulator
8-22V to 1-15V regulator 2016-09-20T16:42:12+00:00

Home Forums Voltage Regulator Support 8-22V to 1-15V regulator

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am having trouble getting it adjusted to 13.8 volts.
    I adjust the screw, the voltage goes up, when I hit 10 volts it drops don to 4 volts.
    What am i doing wrong, Don

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Don Lundgren,
    Thank you for writing in.
    Could you please tell us your order ID or the link of the product so that we can ensure which product you are referring to?
    It is better that you can tell us more details of your operation, such as the input voltage/current, the load, the wiring, the working environment.
    If you can, we sincerely hope that you can send us some images to let us check the problem details.
    With your help, we can find a solution more quickly.
    You can send this information to us by email (service at droking dot com).
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Best regards

Don Lundgren

I purchased it from Amazon, this is the descriotion:
    DROK® Waterproof DC Buck Converter Voltage Regulator 8-22V to 1-15V 5V 12V 3A Adjustable Output Power Supply Transformer Step-down Volt Module Board for Car Auto Vehicle Motor Regulated SR
    I am applying 13.8 volts to the input and want it to maintain 13 volts on the output.
    I am using it in a mobile application to keep constant power to a scanner Radio.

Thanks, Don

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Don Lundgren,
    Thank you for your reply.
    The differential pressure of this buck converter is 3V.
    In other words, the input voltage should be 3V higher than the output voltage.
    According to your application, the input voltage is 13V, the max.output voltage should be 10V.
    Best regards

Don Lundgren

I have done what you said to do, I have adjusted it to 10 volts which is equivalent to 13 volts. When I remove power it drops down to 4 volts out. Any suggestions

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Don Lundgren,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Did you adjust the output voltage to 10V?
    What do you mean that you remove power?
    Best regards

Don Lundgren

Yes, I adjusted the output voltage to 10v. I have the regulator in my car to power a police scanner. I am using it to maintain the power, so when I start the car it stops the radio from shutting down.

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Don Lundgren,
    This problem may be caused by the self-check of the car.
    When start the car, there will be a process of self-checking,which the voltage will reduce.
    When the input voltage is lower than the output voltage and no differential pressure, the output voltage of the product will drop, too.
    Bsides, it is a little hard for this product to output 10V.
    Because the voltage of a car is about 10V in general and there must be a 3V differential pressure between the input voltage and the output voltage.
    Hope this can help you.
    Best regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: 8-22V to 1-15V regulator
Your information: