You are here:>>80-260V 100A AC Meter on 240v circuit
80-260V 100A AC Meter on 240v circuit 2016-04-21T20:18:02+00:00

Home Forums Panel Meter Support 80-260V 100A AC Meter on 240v circuit

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I have a 240v space heater in my garage. As this is US residential electric, it is two hot legs from the electric panel.

Will the current transformer measure the total current draw of the circuit if it is only around one leg?

As far as I can tell, the space heater only has a single element if that makes any difference.

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello Roger Nelson,
    Thank you for writing in.
    The meter is applied with the current transformer.
    The circuit go through the current transformer is the measured circuit.
    Here is the image that we think it is useful to you.
    Wiring Diagram_200123
    Hope this can help you.
    Best regards

John

I have the same question as Roger. I purchased this in hopes I could use it with a 240 circuit. I have L1, L2, and N. Is this capable of measuring the voltage, and amperage of a 240 VAC circuit with 2 load lines, and 1 neutral? if so do I put both load lines on 1 terminal, and the neutral on the other? Then does the CT go around both load lines?

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello John,
    Here is a wiring diagram for you:
    200123 wring diagram
    Hope this can help you.
    Best regards

Keith

What gauge wire should be used in this application?

Drok
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,
    The gauge of the wire is depended on the working current in your application.
    Could you please tell us the working current in your application, so that we can find a solution for you?
    Bet regards

Keith

I’m running a 6500 watt generator with three of these meters. one to each of the 120v and one on the 240v outlet.

thanks

Drok
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,
    Thank you for your reply.
    The gauge of the wire can be 1.2-1.5 square.
    However, as your description, the power and the input voltage to the three meters may be over there working range of the meters.
    Please try to use normal gauge wire to test it and if the meter is ok in short time, then see the power and other measured value display on the meters if it is over the measuring range of the meters and decide use which gauge of the wire.
    If it is over the measuring range, it will make the meters burn.
    Hope this can help you.
    Best regards

Orca Melenbacker

Tthe question has not been answered here, bboth of those diagrams are showing a 1110volt circuit, it says 80v to 260v volts, I think k the question is does the unit measure correctly with just one of the 2 hot leads tthrough the loop, or do you put both through it?

ASoto

Hello:

I am also using the 200123, per the attached diagram (not sure if I successfully attached the image)

The problem that I am having is that when I connect a live wire to 1 of the amp meter inputs it makes the other input live as well, is hard to explain but hopefully with the diagram it will makes sense. So basically by making the other input “live” is basically skipping the main switch and turns everything on beyond the main switch. I actually measure the other input that became live to the neutral and get about 90 volts.  I dont think that this is normal behavior but when I just connect the 2 inputs on the meter to 2 live wires directly for 240 V it appears to work fine

Diagram

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello ASoto,

It seems the diagram is not uploaded successfuly. We can’t check it.

Could you please share it again? Or just send it to service@droking.com

Best regards,

DROK

J.P. Caputa

Same question. Your diagrams are not showing up. How do I use this thing with a 220V 2 hot, 1 neutral wiring circuit?

Drok
    Keymaster

Hello,

200123 can only work for single-phase circuit with one hot wire and netrual wire.

Best regards,

DROK

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: 80-260V 100A AC Meter on 240v circuit
Your information: