You are here:>>0.56" DC 100A Ammeter Green LED 0-99.9A meter
0.56" DC 100A Ammeter Green LED 0-99.9A meter 2015-11-18T22:40:19+00:00

Home Forums Advice 0.56" DC 100A Ammeter Green LED 0-99.9A meter

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I can’t seem to make my meter work. It lights up but only gives current readings when the load is turned ON and OFF. After the current stabilizes the reading goes back to zero. The shunt is about 25′ from the meter panel; it is connected with a 22AWG twisted shielded pair. What am I doing wrong?

Drok
    Keymaster

Hi, did you get any readings when you didn’t extend the signal wires, and pleas make sure the current direction is from red wire to black wire. If the current direction is wrong then you cannot get any readings.
    Looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards,
    DROK

bernie simmonds

I tried connecting the TSP cable both ways and the result was the same. When the 12VDC water pump cycles on and off we get current readings. However when we turn 2 faucets on the pump stays running the current readings go to zero. The same result when we turn on the DC LED lighting.

bernie simmonds

I could demonstrate the connections and how it’s reacting with a video from my Iphone. Would that help?

Drok
    Keymaster

Dear bernie, sorry for the delay. I have forward your message to our technicians, and yeah, the video is more helpful. Could you send us the video link?
    BTW, if it cannot work for you, reply us your order number and we will deal with it from the order directly.
    Thanks!

bernie simmonds

I have more research to do about the coach DC wiring before I get your help. It has two batteries and they are not tied together like one would expect. I will get back with you once I figure out where the negatives of each battery become common.

bernie simmonds

I have included background with three questions below:
    I have moved the shunt into the battery compartment with both battery negatives on one side of it and both black wires connected on the other side of it and the current readings are still moving proportionally with the motor speed. And when the motor is steady on the current drops back to zero. I have ordered another meter and it should arrive Monday.
    Question # 1. Is there any way I can talk to tech support by phone?
    Question # 2. Is the shunt sensitive to polarity? I notice two saw cuts in the shunt; on one end the cut is about 1/8″ deep, the other end has another cut about 1/4″ deep. Does it matter how it is inserted into the circuit? I’ve moved it 180 degrees and it doesn’t seem to matter.
    Question # 3. Does Drok make the same size DC meter as this one that measures current flow in both directions?

Bernie
    Drok
    Keymaster

Dear Bernie, the motor is an inductive load, its current is unstable, so unstable reading is normal. Could you please change to resistive load to test if the meter is working well, then change to an inductive load.
    Answer # 1, Sorry that our technicians cannot speak English. Maybe you can send the message to service@droking.com and we will reply you within 24 hours.
    Answer # 2, No. And the cuts are used to adjust the shunt precision when producing, it is no matter for using.
    Answer # 3, Sorry, we don’t have such amp meter, but we have 0.56″ the volts amps 2in1 meter that measures current flow in both directions. you can click here then choose the one you need:
    http://www.droking.com/drok-dc-voltmeter-ammeter-dual-display/

(the +/- which means the measures current flow in both directions)

Or you can tell us your detail requirements, then we can choose one for you.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Best regards,
    DROK

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: 0.56" DC 100A Ammeter Green LED 0-99.9A meter
Your information: